For years, Plazma has been my go-to workout drink. That’s over. I’ve switched to something even better. Here’s the story.
When Biotest CEO Tim Patterson told me the new Surge® Workout Fuel is best than Plazma, I believed, “That’s an enormous, daring declare that’s a little bit onerous to consider.” However I’ve recognized Tim for 20 years, and his phrase is gold to me. So I used to be excited to study extra.
Tim stated, “It’s the most effective exercise components I’ve ever made, and never solely that, it’s 33% cheaper than Plazma. We’ve switched a number of of our athletes from Plazma to the brand new Surge® components, and so they’re all seeing elevated positive factors, quicker restoration, and considerably higher work capability.”
Tim added, “Every Surge® serving comprises 5 grams of L-leucine, 270% greater than Plazma, plus it gives two further energy components not in Plazma: 2 grams of beta-alanine and 1.5 grams of malic acid. The components is so loaded with science-backed components that there’s nothing you might add to make it higher. We use calibrated electrolytes to engorge muscle with nutrient-dense fluids, stimulating most protein synthesis and fueling elite-level work capability. And, Christian, I need you to be the subsequent one to check it. I think about you essentially the most certified to match the formulation and consider which one performs the most effective. And I need you to go public along with your verdict, whatever the consequence.”
Regardless of the big job and accountability, I used to be excited to get my fingers on the brand new Surge® components. So I despatched a replica of the label to my food regimen coach to let him know I’m making the change. He instantly texted me, saying, “That’s an ideal exercise complement.”
I’ve been using the new Surge® formula for five workouts and can make the following observations:
- Lean Mass: I gained 2.5 lbs of lean body weight. I had to do some mental gymnastics because I’m still in a fat loss phase, and seeing my bodyweight go up was screwing with my mind even though I look and perform better.
- Fat Mass: Body fat is either unchanged or slightly lower. My gut feeling is that I’m a bit leaner because I see more deltoid separation, and the brachialis is beginning to appear, which is the last thing to show for me.
- Strength: My strength has increased significantly. I used more weight for the same number of reps or more reps with the same weight. But more interestingly, I hit or exceeded all my target reps on every set, which is far from my norm. Typically, I’d need to drop a couple reps on the later sets, but that didn’t happen with Surge® Workout Fuel. Increasing strength and performance like that is impressive.
- The Pump: I look freakishly pumped during and after the workout, like a completely different human being! And the pump lasts for a few hours, instead of going flat like usual. I also look and “pinch” leaner as the workout progresses, likely due to pumping a lot more fluid inside the muscle.
- Work Capacity: I recover much faster between sets. My current training block uses 2.5-minute rest periods. Now, I’m ready to go in 1.5 minutes. Next week, I’m going to decrease rest periods to see if I can maintain performance metrics.
- Energy Levels: I feel much better and have noticeably more energy during my training session. I could add more exercises to my workouts, which is challenging to do at an advanced level.
- Warm-Up Time: I typically need 2 warm-up sets to get a good mind-muscle connection. Now I feel a solid contraction right from the start, so I’ve stopped doing warm-up sets (except for squats and bench). If I can get the same quality without wasting energy on warm-up sets, that’s a win from the growth perspective.
I’ve been a longtime Plazma user, so I believe I’m qualified to compare it to the new Surge® formula. Plus, I know Tim Patterson wants my honest feedback, either way. So here’s my objective assessment:
Surge® Workout Fuel demonstrably outperforms Plazma, and it needs to be evident to anybody who makes use of each dietary supplements. It makes such an enchancment in efficiency and positive factors, I gained’t prepare with out it — and neither ought to anybody critical about lifting or competing in sports activities.
No matter your health targets, I consider Surge® Workout Fuel will get you there quicker and take you farther. And it outperforms Plazma at 33% much less price.
I’m additionally growing new coaching strategies to make the most of the surge impact. So join the T Nation newsletters for replace notifications.